J.K. Rowling’s Stories – Audiobook Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
Promoter: The Promoter is J.K. Rowling Website Limited managed by The Blair Partnership, PO BOX 7828, London, W1A 4GE (“Promoter”)
By entering this prize draw, you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The title of the prize draw is J.K. Rowling’s stories audiobook prize draw (“Prize Draw”).
- Entry to the Prize Draw is via Instagram only, on J.K. Rowling’s Stories Instagram @jkrowling_stories – https://www.instagram.com/jkrowling_stories/ and Lumos Foundation and Lumos Foundation USA Inc. Instagram @wearelumos – https://www.instagram.com/wearelumos/
- The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored or administered by Lumos Foundation or Lumos Foundation USA Inc.
How to Enter
- To participate in the Prize Draw entrants are required to follow the Promoter’s Instagram channels @jkrowling_stories and @wearelumos, ‘like’ the Prize Draw post and tag one friend in the comments section of the Prize Draw post. Entrants must also have a ‘public’ profile for their entry to be validated. The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. All entrants release Instagram from any liability arising from this Prize Draw.
- The Prize Draw opens on 14th August 2023 at 14:00 BST (“Opening Date”) and the closing date for entries is 27th August 2023 at 23:59pm BST (“Closing Date”). The Promoter must receive all Prize Draw entries no later than 23:59 BST on the Closing Date. All Prize Draw entries received after 23:59 BST on the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your odds of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
- The Prize Draw is open to all residents in the UK and the USA aged 18 years or over except for:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration;
- employees of agents or suppliers of Lumos Foundation and Lumos Foundation USA Inc. or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a), (b) and (c) above.
- The Prize Draw is limited to one (1) entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the competition any entries or comments containing inappropriate or offensive language and themes. Entries posted on other channels or missing the required entry information (as defined in clause 4) will not be eligible to win.
- The prize is one (1) complete collection of the Hogwarts Library audiobooks (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages, The Tales of Beedle the Bard) by J.K. Rowling, published by Pottermore Limited with a retail value of £36.00 GBP and $44.85 USD (“Prize).
- The Prize is subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the Prize and the Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received between the Opening Date up to and including the Closing Date for the applicable drawing.
- The Promoter will randomly select one (1) winner in London, UK on 30th August 2023 based on eligible competition entries.
- The Promoter shall notify the winner by 23:59 BST on the 30th August 2023 via Instagram Stories which will be shared on the Promoter’s Instagram channel as set out in section 2 above. Announcement of the winner via Instagram Stories will disappear twenty-four (24) hours from when the post goes live on the Instagram channel. The winner shall also receive a direct message from the Promoter’s Instagram channel, in response to their entry into the Prize Draw.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will send the name and country of residence of the winner to anyone who writes to the address set out above within thirty (30) days of the Closing Date of the Prize Draw requesting details of the winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope.
Claiming the Prize
- The Promoter will require an email address from the winner to distribute the Prize and the winner will be sent an email with a code to redeem the Prize. The Prize can be redeemed with the code via a desktop or mobile computer devise. Where the winner is redeeming the Prize via a mobile computer devise, the Google Play App will be required in order to access the Prize.
- Please allow for thirty (30) days for delivery of the Prize. The Promoter shall make reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not responded within 7 days to the Instagram message sent by the Promoter following the announcement, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the valid entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- If you are a winner of the Prize Draw, you agree that the Promoter may, in accordance with applicable law, use your name, image, town or county of residence, Instagram account handle and any comments submitted with your entry to announce the winner of the Prize Draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- Where the Prize is being provided by a third party, the personal data of the winner may be passed on to that third party for the sole purpose of the Prize fulfilment.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Prize Draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.